Modern Notebook for July 12
On this week’s Modern Notebook, Tyler Kline will share music by Eduardo Costa Roldán from Eunmi Ko’s new album, as well as the First String Quartet by Jamaican-born composer Eleanor Alberga. Plus, the group Longleash performs a work by composer Clara Iannotta that, in part, consists of acts of homage to Maurice Ravel’s piano trio music.
Featuring performances by Third Sound, the LUCERNE FESTIVAL Ensemble, Crash Ensemble, NOW Ensemble; and music by Beata Moon, Dai Fujikura, Laura Elise Schwendinger, and more.
That’s Sunday night from 8 to 10 on Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9. Streaming at wsmr.org and on the WUSF Public Media App.
- Illusions for solo marimba by Beata Moon
- Eduardo Costa Roldán’s Imjing, written in tribute to Korean composer Isang Yun.
- Third Sound performs music by Christopher Wendell Jones.
- String Quartet No. 1 by Eleanor Alberga.
- Dai Fujikura’s Wondrous Steps, a worked that was commissioned to be based on the idea of risk management.
- Accel… by Ed Bennett.
- Il colore dell’ombra by Clara Iannotta.
- Laura Elise Schwendinger’s Esprimere for cello and chamber orchestra.
- NOW Ensemble performs music by Sean Friar.
Modern Notebook is hosted by WSMR’s Tyler Kline, and is a program that highlights music composed since the Mid-20th Century, with a special focus on the music of living composers.