Modern Notebook for June 28
On this week’s Modern Notebook: pianist and USF faculty member Eunmi Ko joins Tyler Kline to discuss her brand new solo album titled Unus Mundus, Tributes to Isang Yun, which comes out this Friday. Plus, performances by the piano trio Longleash, the New World Symphony, Third Sound, and cellist Karen Ouzounian with pianist Adrienne Kim; and music by Ilari Kaila, Jason Taurins, Juan de Dios Magdaleno, and others.
That’s on the next Modern Notebook, Sunday night from 8 to 10 EDT on Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9.
- Flutist Lindsey Goodman performs music by Jason Taurins.
- Ingrid Arauco’s Fantasy-Quartet.
- Strange Attractors by Juan de Dios Magdaleno.
- Three tributes by Gabriela Lena Frank titled Compadrazgo.
- Steven Mackey’s Lost and Found.
- Eunmi Ko joins the show to discuss her newest album of solo piano music, Unus Mundus: Tributes to Isang Yun, with two selections from the album by Ingrid Stölzel and Fabio Massimo Capogrosso.
- Isang Yun’s Quartet for oboe and string trio.
- Hum and Drum by Ilari Kaila.
Modern Notebook is hosted by WSMR’s Tyler Kline, and is a program that highlights music composed since the Mid-20th Century, with a special focus on the music of living composers.