Modern Notebook for May 24
On this week’s Modern Notebook, Tyler Kline will share some new releases from the past few months, including saxophone music by Emily Koh performed by the PRISM Quartet; a movement from Kati Agócs’ Immutable Dreams called Microconcerto; and a four-hand piano piece by Fumiko Miyachi inspired by the six flavors of quarks, titled Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, Charm.
Plus: performances by violinist Patrick Yim, the Serafin String Quartet, Heare Ensemble, the Bang on a Can All-stars, flutist Tammy Evans Yonce, and much more.
That’s on the next Modern Notebook, Sunday night from 8 to 10 on Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9.
- Memory by Chen Yi
- Jennifer Higdon’s Sky Quartet.
- Third Sound performs music by Kati Agócs.
- Tendenza by Magnus Lindberg.
- Music by Carter Pann performed by the Heare Ensemble.
- Bang on a Can All-Stars perform the music of Richard Reed Parry.
- heteronym/ by Emily Koh, music inspired by Singlish and other languages and dialects spoken in Singapore.
- Firewalk for solo glissando flute by Jay Batzner.
- Cobalt Duo performs music by Fumiko Miyachi.
- Timo Andres’ Fast Flows the River.
Modern Notebook is hosted by WSMR’s Tyler Kline, and is a program that highlights music composed since the Mid-20th Century, with a special focus on the music of living composers.