Modern Notebook for November 10
Modern Notebook, Sunday November 10 at 8 PM on Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9
On this week’s Modern Notebook, it’s two hours of music by living composers, featuring performances by the McCormick Percussion Group, NOW Ensemble, Orli Shaham, and more. Plus, Tyler talks with composer Vivian Fung ahead of a performance of her piece Fanfare by the Florida Orchestra, which is happening November 15 and 16.
- Pianist Eunmi Ko and the USF-based McCormick Percussion Group perform music by John Liberatore.
- Jennifer Higdon‘s Dark Wood, a work for bassoon and piano trio.
- Eighth Blackbird performs music by Thomas Adès.
- A work for harp and clarinet by Wang Lu inspired by composer Christian Wolff.
- Hallelujah Junction by John Adams.
- At 9 PM, Tyler will talk with composer Vivian Fung about an upcoming performance of her piece Fanfare, which the Florida Orchestra will perform November 15 and 16 in Tampa and St. Pete. We’ll also hear two pieces by Fung, including her new String Quartet No. 4 “Insects and Machines“
- Anne Leilehua Lanzilotti performs solo viola music by Anna Thorvaldsdottir.
- Judd Greenstein‘s Folk Music.
Tyler will also preview New Music New College’s upcoming concert called “Images.”
Modern Notebook is hosted by WSMR’s Tyler Kline, and is a program that highlights music composed since the Mid-20th Century, with a special focus on the music of living composers.