Modern Notebook for September 13, 2020
This Sunday night on Modern Notebook, we will continue our celebration of the one-year anniversary of the show’s launch with more favorites, including music by Shelley Washington, Lei Liang, Fumiko Miyachi, Annika Socolofsky, and others; plus performances by Longleash, PRISM Quartet, Cobalt Duo, The Parhelion Trio, PUBLIQuartet, and more.
Join Tyler Kline for the next Modern Notebook, Sunday night from 8 to 10 on Classical WSMR 89.1 and 103.9. Streaming at wsmr.org.
- Tina Davidson’s Blue Curve of the Earth.
- Middleground by Shelley Washington.
- Eighth Blackbird performs music by Phillipe Hurel.
- Lei Liang’s concerto for pipa and chamber orchestra, Five Seasons.
- Turadh by Annika Socolofsky.
- Images by Nina Simone.
- Fumiko Miyachi’s Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange, Charm.
- Strange Attractors by Juan de Diso Magdaleno.
- Kristin Kuster’s Red Pine.
- Latitude 49 performs music by Viet Cuong.
Modern Notebook is hosted by WSMR’s Tyler Kline, and is a program that highlights music composed since the Mid-20th Century, with a special focus on the music of living composers.