WUSF Public Media is a comprehensive public media organization that operates an NPR news and jazz radio station and an all-classical music radio station, and provides digital content online, through newsletters, podcasts and social media and serves a weekly audience of greater than 350,000. It is a department of the University of South Florida, has 70 employees and a budget of $12 million.
About Student Employment:
At the University of South Florida, approximately 66% of the available jobs for undergraduate students on campus are funded by USF departments. Additionally, there are another 17% funded by our on-campus affiliates such as the USF Bookstore (Barnes & Noble),USF Dining (Aramark), USF Telefund (RuffaloCody), etc.
All currently enrolled students who are eligible to work in the United States are eligible to apply for postings in this job family. International Students may be eligible to apply depending upon their status. International
Students are encouraged to visit the International Services offices to receive guidance prior to conducting an on-campus job search. The International Services’ website information on student employment is located here: http://global.usf.edu/is/cur-onCampus.php.
On average, there are approximately fifteen applicants for every job. Students are encouraged to visit the Career Center for assistance with their job search in order to ensure they are as competitive as possible. To contact the Career Center, go to https://www.usf.edu/career-services/index.aspx or call 813-974-2171.
The student assistant will assist with reception desk duties and provide clerical support to various WUSF department as follows:
- Assist with the administrative functions of the office including but not limited to Human Resources, Budget, documents for departmental processing using Microsoft Office programs, such as; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Assist with clerical duties, such as; greeting and assisting visitors, answering phones, faxing, making copies, filing, making routine deliveries, managing office equipment and other office supplies through request/sign out forms, etc.
- Assist professional staff with special assignments related to WUSF Public Media programs and initiatives.
- Communicates regularly with site supervisor regarding schedule and progress of responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Average Number of Hours per Week: 10-15 hours per week.
Must be available to work 10-15 hours a week, Monday through Friday within the business hours, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Must be able to cover the front desk from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
Must be a degree seeking student in good academic standing at the University of South Florida.
As a result of this position, student will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic employability skills such as: timeliness to work, appropriate dress, interpersonal communication, and time management
- Receive and solicit feedback from supervisor and effectively apply feedback on the job
- Assess workplace and demonstrate how personal talents, skills, and knowledge fit into the employer’s goals, mission, and vision Demonstrate his or her professional brand (identity)
- Communicate transferable and functional skills to prospective employers
For Additional information please contact Widlande Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Pam Hallman at email@example.com.
Department: 0-0662-000 / WUSF Public Media
Hours: Part-Time, Temporary – STU Only
Hourly Wage: $8.75/hour
Deadline Date: 01/31/2020
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF:
employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
How To Apply STU Only):
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Empl Opp (STU Only):
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
Work Location (STU Only):
Campus map and location overview: USF – Tampa Campus